Partnering with parents and communities so families thrive.
Welcome to Indiana Parenting Institute!
IPI provides parenting assistance to caregivers and providers throughout the state of Indiana.
- If you are a parent/caregiver, please click on the For Parents tab above to find out the services available to you, as listed in the menu provided.
- If you are a family services provider, please click on the For Agencies tab above to find out the services available to you, as listed in the menu provided.
- If you are interested in supporting family literacy, whether financially or by volunteering, please click on the For Supporters tab above to find out the services available to you, as listed in the menu provided.
Thank you for visiting us!
- IPI PARENT SPOTLIGHT
Have you met ANTHONY HOLDEN?
Click here for his story.
CONGRATULATIONS Anthony on, after a long 3-year fight, being awarded custody of your son!!! We are sooooo proud of you!
Are you affiliated with a Gary-based public or charter elementary or middle school currently being challenged with disruptive classrooms and/or high levels of detentions/suspensions/expulsions? SHYNE, IPI's parent engagement and school dropout prevention program that targets late elementary and middle schoolers, may just be the solution you've been looking for... And it's free to you, thanks to funding from the Legacy Foundation. Click on the photo for more information.
SHYNE: Preparing Tomorrow's Leaders Today.
Have you updated your Cultural Competence yet?
Cultural differences can lead to misunderstanding, suspicion, disorientation, frustration and even anger. However, cultural differences can also greatly enrich how we see the world, lead to breakthrough thinking, and expose and create better ways of getting along and getting things done.
Well, here's 1 more opportunity for you. Classes are FREE:
Scale-Up Parent Project, funded in part by a grant from Geminus Community Partners, is a professional development program that strengthens the cultural sensitivity and competency skills of family service workers, case managers, parent educators, providers, youth mentors, school educators and counselors, police officers, and municipal employees, and organizations engaged in providing child abuse and neglect prevention services to families.
- May 23, 2014 | 11am - 1pm | Indiana University Northwest | 3400 Broadway | Hawthorn Hall, Rm 107 | Gary
- Check out our Community Bulletin Board to learn about the great opportunities going on in the Region - most FREE. Now Available: Jobs | Food Bank | Free Stuff
Class is NOW in session...
(click on the links below to find out more):
- Zero Tolerance: improving school attendance through parenting education
(March 3, 2014 - April 28, 2014)
- B2E Parenting Course: IPI's foundational parenting skills curriculum
(March 19, 2014 - April 23, 2014)
- Parents Recovering Rebuilding: for parents recovering from substance abuse
(April 1, 2014 - June 5, 2014)
- SHYNE: school-based Dropout Prevention Program
(Starts April 14 at Glen Park Academy, Gary)
Click on above to see our parents' Stories of Hope...
Mark your calendars!
PAMI's 8th Annual Parenting Fair
will be here soon:
April 25, 2014 | 11am-3pm | More info, please.