What is a Parent Resource Center (PRC)?
Families today have many concerns.
The Parent Resource Center at IPI is where caregivers can share their concerns and find solutions to them. The Parent Resource Center connects caregivers to resources in the community that provide services in employment, childcare, education, healthcare, after-school programs, finances, etc.
Check out the Community Bulletin Board below for current opportunities and events being offered in the community.
Community Bulletin Board
Opportunities and events being offered in the community:
- Back-to-School events near you:
- August 9, 2013, 10:00am-2:00pm - NWI Healthy Start's A Stroll In The Park, Tod Park, W 140th St. & McShane Avenue, East Chicago
- August 10, 2013, 12:00pm-4:00pm - SCEC Back to School Rally, Tod Park, EC Central High School, 1100 W. Columbus Dr., East Chicago
- August 11, 2013, 3:00pm-10:00pm - W.O.W. Fest, Tod Park, W 140th St. & McShane Avenue, East Chicago
- August 13, 2013, 10:00am-2:00pm - Covering Kids & Families of Lake County's 11th Annual 'Back to School' Health Fair, Purdue-Calumet University, Gyte Annex, Hammond
- August 17, 2013, 12:00pm-3:00pm - FTOC Back to School Fun Bash, 7601 Whitcomb St., Merrillville
- August 17, 2013, 1:00pm-5:00pm - Youth Lay Back to School Block Party, First AME Church, 21st & Massachusetts, Gary
- August 24, 2013, 11:00am-7:00pm - Back to School Jump Off, Marquette Park Pavilion, Outdoor Pavilion #5, Gary
- Free Energizing Indiana Home Energy Assessments. Energize Your Home and Get More Comfort and Savings! And a free Energy Savings Kit! An Energizing Indiana Home Energy Assessment can help you raise your home's performance, lower energy bills, improve in-home air quality and increase your home's value. Sign up today, and Energizing Indiana will call soon to schedule your appointment.
- FREE Stuff: Clothing, Furniture, TVs, Kitchen Appliances (e.g., microwaves), even Medical Supplies.
- Join the Fresh Coast Wave Ad Sheet's Sales Team Today. The Fresh Coast Wave Ad Sheet provides associates with the globally recognized "Professional Selling" Training Program. Work full or part time from home and earn as much working part time as many earn working full time in other professions. If you have the determination to succeed, the Ad Executives at the Fresh Coast Wave Ad Sheet want to discuss exciting income earning opportunities with you. Contact them at 219-888-9009 or email them.
- Sign up for the NIPSCO AC Cycling Program and receive a $10 per month credit on your monthly electric bill during the months of June, July, August and September. AC Cycling briefly cycles your air conditioning unit during periods of high demand, reducing demand and cost. NIPSCO will install a free Smart Switch on the outside of your home near your air conditioning unit. You don't even have to be home. Please return the completed sign up form to IPI via fax at 219.886.1113 or at our offices at 839 Broadway, Gary, IN to get this service started. You may also scan it back to us via email.
- Get your Free Lunch at the Salvation Army, 513 W. Chicago Ave., East Chicago, Monday through Friday from 12pm to 1pm. Contact (219) 398-2939 for further information.
- Pantry on the Go. NWI Food Bank will be distributing food (free grains, fruits, vegetables, dairy and protein) at the following locations:
First come, first served, while supplies last for those in need of food assistance. Please bring bags or boxes to carry items home. This service is available to all Northwest Indiana residents in need of food assistance. Please bring valid proof of Indiana residence (driver's license, state ID, utility bill, etc.) for service.
- 2013 dates and locations upcoming
Other services offered by NWI Food Bank:
- The Kids Cafe'® Program provides free meals and snacks to low-income children through a variety of community locations where children already congregate--such as Boys & Girls Clubs, churches or public schools. In addition to providing meals to kids, all Kids Cafe'® programs also offer a safe place where, under the supervision of trustworthy staff, a child can get involved in educational, recreational and social activities.
- The BackPack Program is designed to meet the needs of hungry children at times when other resources are not available, such as weekends and school vacations. Backpacks are filled with food that children can take home on the weekends. The food is child-friendly, nonperishable and easily consumed. The backpacks are discreetly distributed to children on the last day before the weekend or holiday vacation.
- Are you a resident of East Chicago, Hammond, Highland, Munster or Whiting? Then the North Township Trustee is at your service, providing assistance to those in need. The Township provides: food | shelter | utility service | clothing | medical/prescriptions | burial/cremation. Are you eligible? Click here to find out.
Their programs include:
To apply for service, click here. Or contact their offices at:
FREE bus service within the East Chicago, Hammond, Highland, Munster and Whiting communities between 8am and 3pm. Will take you to the doctor's appointment, grocery shopping, fitness center, dentist, etc. Call 219-932-2530, #4 for further information.
- School Clothing & Supplies
Giving youth school necessities.
- Emergency Victim Relief
Supplying disaster victims with everyday necessities.
- Wicker Park
Volleyball, golf & tennis lessons. Special events and activities.
Clients working for assistance.
- 5947 Hohman Avenue
Hammond, Indiana 46320
- 2105 Broadway Street
East Chicago, Indiana 46312
Click here for a list of family services providers in the Township area.